Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Zinnias and Montebretia


This is a picture I just finished. I started it as the first quilt patch. Unfortunately, I ran out of zinnia and noticed it was getting way too thick. I really didn't do a good job with this.
We just got some bad news. As you know, there is major flooding here, and in surrounding areas. We had a storage shed, which held all our furniture and antiques from my grandmother, mother and step-father's mother. The shed is completely underwater. We had all that stuff up at the farm, but had no room here when we moved. I am really devastated. We didn't have any insurance on the storage shed, either....so it looks like we'll have to take a total loss. Who would have thought that the waters would get this high? Flood stage for the river in our town is 99 feet. It's predicted to crest (if we get no more rain, and that isn't likely) at 103.5 feet. No one around here has ever seen it get this bad...it's broken all records.
Well, isn't that dismal news? Wish I could think of a happier topic, but basically, I write whatever is going on at the time.
Hope you're having a good Tuesday!
Love to all....

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gosh, thats bad news. What terrible weather you are having and to lose all that furniture! So sorry.
Despit all this you have been very creative lately. Good for you!
LGB
Carolyn

Carolyn said...

ooops! forgot to say, your picture is lovely Lee.