Friday, June 13, 2008

Iowa Flooding of 2008

I just saw the news at noon, and they said that 83 counties out of 99 have been declared state disaster areas. That is so not surprising. I'm sure it will be more since the rivers in Southern Iowa haven't crested. It's going to be declared a FEMA emergency. I can only hope that they don't handle Iowa like they did in New Orleans. Of course, this is a state rather than a city.

The Waterloo/Cedar Falls rivers have gone down a little, so that is a relief. Today...for a big change...it's not raining, and, hopefully, we will have a dry spell.

Yesterday, I spent some time going through my presses. I had flowers from last year that were still in there. I was so disappointed that so many of my roses were discolored. Of course, they were moisture saturated last year, too. There doesn't seem a way to do anything about it, unless I color enhance them. I don't think they are worth the effort, though.

Today, we have to take the dogs to the vet so they can get booster shots. Even if we don't get medical treatment, we make sure the dogs do. Bob gave them haircuts, and we both gave them baths, so they are fresh and clean. Dabby, our oldest dog, hates being clipped, and bathed so it's a real struggle to do him. Cookie has a more nonchalant attitude about it, thank goodness.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Love to all......

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Lee, we have been watching the floods on TV. So sorry you and your countrymen/women have to go through such trauma. I hope you are OK.
LGB
Carolyn