Friday, June 27, 2008

White Lilacs On Blue


This is another card I made only with white lilacs. Carolyn, I didn't press them flower by flower...lol. I press them in little clumps, and then rearrange them on paper. It isn't very hard. Actually, the blue card makes them look quite a bit whiter than they really are...they are sort of an off-white. Still and all, it's the first time I've had white lilacs since we sold our farm.
I haven't been out to pick anything in the past couple of days. We've had rain showers quite a bit. I need to get out when the sun is shining. Some of my roses are in bloom and I need to get them pressed.
Bob came home early today. He came in the kitchen and his hand was all wrapped up. He had gouged his hand open while at work. It was pretty icky, and so he went to the E.R. to have stitches. As long as that takes, he probably won't be home for awhile. I offered to go with him, but he knows that's a strain on me....but I would if he'd wanted me to, that's for sure. I would do anything for him. He's the love of my life.
I guess we had some excitement in the neighborhood this morning. Our neighbor across the alley had police cars, the FBI, reporters and drug-snifing dogs at his home. He is a really nice guy, and I'd lay a bet that a lying neighbor, who has reported him before for noise disturbance set this whole thing up. It is so ugly when people don't get along, and the two have almost built up a war between themselves.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
Love to all....

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Isn't there something so wonderful about lilacs? Little Natalie is infatuated with the leaves. She calls them seetheart leaves, LOL. I love the heaviness of the blossom and I think the white is my fave. Thanks for sharing Lee.

LGB
Carolyn

Carolyn said...

Oooops, sorry I should have said I hope Rob's hand mends well. Oh dear! there is always something to worry about. Hope he gets better soon.

LGB
Carolyn