Saturday, July 12, 2008

Of A Saturday Afternoon

I just finished making a Victorian "tussy mussy," and tried to scan it in. I used a white doily that Sylvie gave me. Unfortunately, except for the arrangement, it didn't show up at all, so I can't show it. Truthfully, it is a little florid and over-done, which is sad because I wasted a lot of flowers. Oh, well....it was fun doing it.

We had a bad rain, thunder and lightning storm last night (in spite of the weather forecaster saying there was no clouds in sight...lol). It didn't do any damage, but I guess it was quite noisy. It woke poor Bob and the dogs up from sleep. Dabby tries to crawl on Bob's head when he's scared by thunder. He's done that to me, as well, and it isn't a pleasant position to sleep...lol!

Bob is doing a lot better with his hand. He's still has some pain with his hand being crushed and bruised, but it's not as bad as it was before. At least, he didn't break anything so it will eventually heal.

Even though there is a bit of sunshine showing, and it's a little cooler, it looks like the sky is clouding up for more rain. That's all we need. There have been flash flood warnings in the past couple of days, so that's not good.

Other than that, not much else is new. I think my depression is finally lifting...I can tell when I have a little creativity, and I think on doing more.

It was so nice to see C, S, and B posting on their blog. They all are such wonderful friends. I sure wish we all lived closer so that we could get together once in awhile.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend (and I'm praying, C, that you have a little sunshine and warmth.)

Love to all......

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi Lee
what a lovely term! but please tell me what a tussy mussy is. It conjours up all sorts of imaginations, :)
Dare I say, lucky you for having a thunder storm. If we had one, at least I would know it was summer.
Its good to hear your depression is lifting. I can certainly detect a smile in your blog writings...thats good!
LGB
carolyn