Friday, July 11, 2008

A little bit about nothing...


It's been some time since I posted, and I am sorry. I've just been in one of those non-communicative moods I get into. It may be a form of depression, most likely.
It's a hot and humid day here...up to 90 degrees. Fortunately, we'll be going into a cooler zone for a few days, so that will be refreshing. I so long to open up all the doors and windows, and shut off the air.
We've had a good deal of rain and windstorms. I may have posted here about the 100 year old walnut tree in front of our neighbor's house, that came crashing down on their garage. That was a couple of weeks ago. Well, it was our turn a couple of days ago. Even though we had called the city that our tree on the parkade was drastically split, it came down. Fortunately, there wasn't any damage to us or our neighbors, but both trees are being brought down as I type. It's going to be pretty bare looking. It used to be that every street had trees up and down on the block. Now, the city isn't replacing any of them, and don't want any others put in. Sad, how neighborhoods deteriorate.
As usual, not much is new with me. I've been having problems with my side. It's probably my gall bladder and stones, but I was told by my doctor that they won't do anything until I am in excruciating pain, and then it (them?) will be removed. Ha....something to look forward to, no doubt...lol!
L'IL has invited me down for to spend some time with her. I always enjoy visiting her. I will be going down from the 15th to the 19th of this month. It is always so much fun getting together. I hope she inspires me to creativity.
Hope everyone is doing well, and has a great weekend!
Love to all.....

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi Lee
Well that was a giggle! Posting on my site.
It sounds like you are depressed and your visit to L'il can't come too soon. Have a great time with her. I know you will.
Its such a shame that the trees have to come down. We have a similar problem here. The street doesn't look the same anymore.
Please, please send some heat over here. We are cold and wet...and its July for heavens sake!
I think there are diets to help with gall stones. Have you looked into that? I hope the pain eases off soon.
LGB
Carolyn