Saturday, May 17, 2008

Three Peony Card


This is the latest card I have done. I used pieces of peony petals to make smaller flowers, as well as the buds. The peonies haven't come out for this year, but I just craved doing it. Looking at it, it seems like it needs some filler, but I don't know what to use.
Not much is going on with me. I'm sort of bummed out because my knees are so swollen, I can't go down the stairs to pick the flowers in my yard. The lilacs are in bloom, and I don't want to just look at them. I need to press them in the worst way.
Today, and yesterday, are beautiful days. It got up to 78 degrees. I don't know what the high will be today, though. It looks like it's going to jump from a cold spring into hot summer. After all the complaining I've done about the cold, I'm not going to whine about the hot, that's for sure.
Bob is in the bedroom, watching bowling. He loves that. He doesn't get too much time to do what he wants, so I don't mind that he gets up late. He, also, needs to catch up on his sleep.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Love to all....
Lee

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your knees. I thought they might be getting better.
Your card is beautiful. I don't think it needs any filler. Sometimes less is best.
Good weather at last! At least you don't have to feed the beast in the basement. I hope you will be able to get out soon.
LGB
carolyn

Sylvie said...

Hi Lee.. What a Beautiful Card! I love it! my peonies haven't bloomed yet but I might pressed them when they do... I remember how lovely peony petals press... Yours look gorgeous.
Sorry that your knees are bad.. I hope they get better with the warmer weather.
I am off to see if anyone is in the chat room.. as I have actually remembered for once LOL!
Hugs
Sylvie XX